Gluten-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
Wed 11 Mar 2015 - posted by St David's Blogger
These chocolate cupcakes are always a hit at home, you just need to make sure you grab one before they are gone! This gluten-free creation is perfectly light for summer with smooth chocolate icing and a fresh raspberry. They make for a tempting treat to be enjoyed with a cup of tea or to share with friends at spring-time picnics.
Makes enough for 12 cakes
• 250g Unsalted butter
• 250g Caster sugar
• 4 Eggs
• 150g Gluten-free flour
• 70g Cocoa
For the icing:
• 180g Unsalted butter
• 30g Cocoa
• 150g Icing sugar
1. Cream the 250g butter with the 250g of sugar until white and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. In a mixing bowl, sieve together the flour with the 70g cocoa and the salt, gradually fold this into the cream mixture.
4. Divide this mix between 12 paper cases and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for around 15-20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
5. To make the icing, sieve the cocoa with the icing sugar and beat this into the softened butter until creamy. Now spoon this evenly onto the cupcakes when they are cool. Decorate with a fresh raspberry.
460 calories, 33.3g fat (20.5g saturated), 29.2g sugar, 0g salt
- Lifestyle & Beauty
- Women's Fashion
- Men's Fashion
Sign up & know first what's hot!!
Be the first to hear to about exclusive offers & competitions, inspiration and styling tips for yourself and the home as well as what’s on the menu from our food outlets.
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers & everything "hot" at St Davids Cardiff