How to make a delicious herb crusted rack of lamb!
Tue 17 Feb 2015 - posted by St David's Blogger
Ditch the cold with this tasty warming recipe from M&S. The herb crusted rack of lamb is a classic dish, easy to make and brilliant for entertaining family and guests.
Ready in 45 minutes, Serves 2
• 380g pack Rosemary Potatoes
• 25g sourdough pavé bread
• 25g Greek Olives with Oregano, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 x 330g French-trimmed rack of lamb
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 200g Boston beans or fine green beans
1. Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens). Cook the potatoes according to the packet instructions.
2. Put the bread in a food processor and pulse to form rough crumbs. Transfer the crumbs to a bowl and stir in the chopped olives, thyme and parsley, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the lamb. Cook over a high heat until browned all over, then transfer to a board. Remove any excess oil with kitchen paper.
4. Spread the mustard over the lamb and press the crumb mixture on top. Put the lamb in a small roasting tin and roast for 25 minutes. Transfer to a board and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the beans in boiling salted water for 3 minutes, until just tender.
5. Divide the potatoes and beans between 2 plates, then slice the lamb into cutlets to serve.
141 calories, 9g fat (3.6g saturated), 8.3g carbohydrates, 1.3g sugar, 2g fibre, 6g protein, 0.45g salt
- Lifestyle & Beauty
- Women's Fashion
- Men's Fashion
Sign up & know first what's hot!!
Be the first to hear to about exclusive offers & competitions, inspiration and styling tips for yourself and the home as well as what’s on the menu from our food outlets.
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers & everything "hot" at St Davids Cardiff