AW14 Menswear Edit - Tartan Army
Wed 17 Sep 2014 - posted by Joshwa Saint James
For Autumn/Winter 2014 the style staples of tartan and checks are back in a big way. From the retro punk influences of Libertine and Junya Watanabe, to the classic tailoring of Etro and Hackett London, checks were the go-to print for catwalk designers.
I've been shopping to check out some of the must have items at St David's for the season of checks.
Where to get the look at St David's:
1. "Morning Glory" Jacket - Vivienne Westwood, £790. With matching trousers available, this can be worn as a confident two piece suit, or paired with a pair of plain trousers.
2. Long length grey tee - New Look, £16.99. Longer length styles are still on trend for the season, so this long line checked tee hits all the right notes.
3. Red checked shirt - Primark, £8. Perfect for layering over a plain t shirt, or under an open coat as the season gets colder.
4. Blue skinny suit trousers - New Look, £24.99. A darker print makes the bold trend much more wearable.
5. Blue tartan scarf - TM Lewin £39.50. As the season gets chilly, it's time to wrap up with soft accessories.
6. Pack of 3 pocket squares, John Lewis, £19.95. Super subtle and a classic nod to the trend.
7. Khaki tie - TM Lewin, £35. Add a splash of on-trend pattern to a formal outfit.
8. Tartan bow tie - River Island, £8. A quirky approach to seasonal tartans, and is super effective when paired with a dark suit.
9. Check patched bag - River Island, £28. Accessories are the easiest way to break into any trend and update an outfit.
10. Monochrome shirt - H&M, £14.99. Black a white is a subtler way of introducing a print trend into your wardrobe.
11. Lyle & Scott plimsolls - John Lewis, £55. No outfit is complete without good shoes!
- Lifestyle & Beauty
- Women's Fashion
- Men's Fashion
Sign up & know first what's hot!!
Be the first to hear to about exclusive offers & competitions, inspiration and styling tips for yourself and the home as well as what’s on the menu from our food outlets.
Be the first to hear about exclusive offers & everything "hot" at St Davids Cardiff